Brian Allen and Andy Guss discuss cancer treatments.
- What are the types of therapy?
- combination or adjuvant therapy
- What is a bone marrow transplant? (Episode 4 will cover my story.)
- Intravenous: Systemic (affects entire body)
- Intramuscular: Localized (affects general area)
- How is it administered?
- What does it feel like?
- What are the side effects? Why does this happen?
- “Smart Drugs”
- Attack cancer cells, not healthy cells
- Fewer side effects
- Requires genotyping (molecular fingerprinting)
- Administered in pill form
- What can be done to counter some of them? Drugs?
- How long does it last?
- How does it affect eating?
- What is the short/long-time impact?
This is part 1 and will continue with other treatments on the next episode.